[systemd-devel] [RFC] load-fragment: use unquote_first_word in config_parse_exec

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun May 31 00:06:48 PDT 2015

В Sat, 30 May 2015 23:29:29 -0700
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at google.com> пишет:

> - Handling a \; is ugly, it looks like a hack... unquote_first_word is
>   not equipped to recognize that sequence, so I had to move it outside
>   unquote_first_word looking for those two characters followed by
>   whitespace explicitly. But then, something like ';' or ";" will be
>   recognized as a command separator, is that OK?

I do not think it's OK. Having quoted string act like a separator is
definitely unexpected and confusing.

> - We do something different for empty string (clear the command list)
>   than we do for just whitespace. This is pre-existing. Maybe we need to
>   fix that? I put a comment on that case, that branch is triggered both
>   in the "just whitespace" case as well as right after a semicolon
>   command separator.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you suggest that

ExecStart=/usr/bin/foo ; ; /usr/bin/bar

should discard /usr/bin/foo? Or that it does it already?

The use case is to clear any pre-existing value in drop-in like

ExecStart=
ExecStart=new command line