[systemd-devel] udev --daemon is broken again

Abdó Roig-Maranges abdo.roig at gmail.com
Sun May 31 06:47:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

Since the move of udev to sd-event, udevd --daemon is broken again, and breaks
the initramfs on arch linux, for example.

It turns out that sd_event_add_signal (in manager_listen) complains because the
sd_event event loop has moved through a fork.

I assume the intention in sd-event is not supporting forking daemons in favour
of sd-notify... But then I'm not sure how to fix udev --daemon short of
initializing the event loop after forking, and that would become racy.

Abdó.