[systemd-devel] ip forwarding

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 01:20:28 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
wrote:

> Am 06.11.2015 um 08:11 schrieb Johannes Ernst:
>
>> This makes my point. The default = 0 is counter intuitive and costs much
>> time for the lucky ones among us who can figure it out. The rest will just
>> give up...
>>

> defaults should have security in mind, most setups don't need it enabled
> and the ones which will just give up don't understand what they are doing
> anyways and so bette don't mess with it

The _kernel_ default is also 0 anyway, for both global and per-interface
settings.

The problem is that now you cannot _enable_ it via the usual routes
(sysctl) anymore, because networkd mindlessly overrides that. As a
long-time sysadmin, surely you wouldn't like your explicit configuration
having been broken that way?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>