[systemd-devel] systemctl switch-root /sysroot without deleting old_root

Herbert Groll herbert.groll at so-logic.net
Fri Nov 6 08:53:53 PST 2015

Hi,

is there an easy way in initrd mode to keep old root when switching to
new root? Switching root is done in initrd-switch-root.target with
/bin/systemctl --no-block --force switch-root /sysroot

The reason why is I want to use the ramdisk + a persistent overlay. The
 quick and dirty solution for me would be to patch src/shared/switch-
root.c not to delete the old_root but I'd rather keep systemd
unpatched. Thanks.

Regards,
Herbert