[systemd-devel] Property 'MemoryLimit' is RO when using the D-Bus API

Francis Moreau francis.moro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:38:52 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to change the MemoryLimit property of one the service unit
running on my system by using 'busctl set-property ...' but getting
the following error :

   Property 'MemoryLimit' is not writable.

However using 'systemctl set-property' works as expected.

I thought that 'systemctl set-property' was basically doing the same
D-Bus thing like my former test did but apparently not.

Could anybody enlight me why I can't use busctl to set the MemoryLimit
property  and why 'systemctl set-property' gives a different result ?

Thanks
--
Francis