[systemd-devel] [packaging] split of systemd package

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:12:00 PST 2015

> Hello all,
>
> in case it's useful, this is how we split them in Debian.
>
> However, is this even a topic for upstream, apart from giving
> recommendations? I. e. do you actually consider putting this kind of
> split into the upstream build system à la "make install-<component>"?

I brought this issue up during my talk and recommended that we
(downstream distros) might collaborate on this so where possible we
have more consistency across distros.

Since systemd-devel is rather low-volume these days it seemed ok to
have these discussions here.
If Lennart would like to see it elsewhere, that's fine of course. But
I actually value his feedback on this matter.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?