[systemd-devel] Detect if a script runs during bootup

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Wed Nov 11 07:39:23 PST 2015

Tomasz Torcz wrote

> I would suggest splitting the "on boot only" part into separate
> unit, with RemainAfterExit=true.  The main part should require boot-only
> part.
> First of all, create a proper unit and drop LSB script.

This is not possible as it is an opensuse system script that I cannot
replace.

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote

> There's no distinction between "boot" and "subsequnct calls":
> what if boot takes a bit longer and cron calls the script during
> boot?

That wouldn't matter. The LSB script is called several times with
different parameters. It always sources another script. In this
script I need to perform an action only at the first time this
script is sourced during the boot process. Thus having a flag
letting me know that I'm inside the boot sequence would be enough
to have an unique situation for performing this special action.

If I was able to work with systemd unit files, I could perfectly
do what I want, but I'm stuck with this LSB file.

Isn't there an easy way to figure out if this script is running
inside the boot process? Some variable set or not yet set?

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/