[systemd-devel] [packaging] split of systemd package

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:21:15 PST 2015

On 11/11/2015 04:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 11.11.2015 um 17:03 schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> On 11/11/2015 03:51 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>>> Why not systemd-devel?
>>
>> Because these aren't development related discussion
>
> this list was multiple times statet also as users-list by Lennart
> himself, just use Google to find that statement in the archive

I dont see to what relevance this being user list or development list is
here.

These are discussion about integration of the building block of the OS
in downstream distribution which upstream should only be involved with
for guidance.
( upstream should never be maintaining their own component in downstream
distribution for obvious reasons ).

>> and there is a need for separated collaborated git
>> repository to prevent duplication of downstream work etc.
>
> why?

To coordinate and oversee and collectively share work done between
distribution integrating the relevant components in their distribution.

Basically the same thing we ( we as in major distribution + few I
personally never heard of ) did in 2011 with the exception that now
Debian and Ubuntu have joined the party and we would have a shared git
repository to use instead of everyone having one either on an individual
level or distribution level.

JBG