[systemd-devel] general systemd behavior question

Jesse Cobra jessecobra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:37:54 PST 2015

It is not happening at this moment but last week I saw these messages in
dmesg:

[  755.629529] systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit
dmesg.service, ignoring: Unit dmesg.service is masked.

[ 5177.325999] systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit
dmesg.service, ignoring: Unit dmesg.service is masked.

[ 5199.328069] systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit
dmesg.service, ignoring: Unit dmesg.service is masked.

[ 5205.738687] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service watchdog timeout (limit
1min)!

And they coincided with ALSA underruns in my application.

But again, I am just asking in general, does systemd have its own log?
Debug logging that I can enable?

Just asking a general question since I do not know where to start.

-Jesse