[systemd-devel] Question for Private* options in systemd.exec

Sungbae Yoo sungbae.yoo at samsung.com
Tue Nov 24 01:13:47 PST 2015

Hi,

I want to use namespaces in systemd services,
so I'm trying to use Private* (such as PrivateNetwork, PrivateTmp) options.

But, I wonder that there are no PrivateIPC, PrivateUTS, and PrivateUser.
How can the service has its own private ipc/uts/user namespace by just using systemd.exec options?

Is there any reason why PrivateIPC/UTS/User options don't exist?
If there is no reason, Can I make some patches to add these options?

Best regards,
Sungbae Yoo.