[systemd-devel] DHCP options for PXE booting

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Oct 3 05:34:42 PDT 2015

On Mon, 28.09.15 01:34, MohanR (mohan43u at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Need help adding DHCP options/parameters in DHCPACK for PXE booting. I
> just populated dhcp.file[128] and dhcp.siaddr and I'm able to send
> gpxelinux.0 to PXE client[1]. But the PXE clients not able to download
> further files from TFTP servers.
>
> Is it possible to get docs related to this flow? what all needed for
> PXE booting from DHCP server?
>
> [1] https://github.com/mohan43u/systemd/commit/26e11fa910a881c68ce5e106
> b91129e1ac2618ac

I am not sure what you are trying to do: are you trying to get PXE
booting work with systemd-networkd as DHCP server?

If so, I figure we'd be happy to take patches for that, but as nobody
of us knows the low-level details of PXE, we are not the right ones to
ask for help regarding PXE semantics. Sorry!