[systemd-devel] Two services allocated for the same bus name ...

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 15:20:03 PDT 2015

> On Oct 10, 2015, at 22:54, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 11.10.2015 06:09, Johannes Ernst пишет:
>> I’m trying to set up two different Avahi configurations, using foo.service and bar.service.
>>
>> Error message:
>>
>> Two services allocated for the same bus name org.freedesktop.Avahi, refusing operation.
>>
>> On the face of it, that seems to be correct: indeed foo.service and bar.service both declare
>>
>> [Service]
>> Type=dbus
>> BusName=org.freedesktop.Avahi
>>
>> However, I have in foo.service:
>>
>> [Unit]
>> Conflicts=bar.service
>>
>> and vice versa, so they will never be active at the same time. Is there some way to make this work? [I don’t know who might want to talk to Avahi via dbus, but it makes sense that they should find either foo or bar, depending on which configuration is currently up, so I don’t really want to rename this]
>>

> It sounds like you try to start both of them at the same time, is it correct?

No: Just doing a “systemctl status foo” or a “systemctl daemon-reload" produces foo.service: "Two services allocated for the same bus name org.freedesktop.Avahi, refusing operation.”

It seems the error checking is a bit too aggressive, as the Conflicts should make it impossible that a dbus conflict ever occurs? Or is there a workaround?