[systemd-devel] add new entry for HP ProBook 6555b to keyboard.hwdb

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 16 06:45:53 PDT 2015

Olaf Hering [2015-10-16 15:14 +0200]:
> > As for the new entry being ignored, is that still the case after "udevadm
> > control --reload", or just rebooting? (I've heard that this sometimes is
> > necessary). If so, can you please pastebin "udevadm info --export-db"
> > somewhere, so that we can verify the DMI names and whether the hwdb
> > entry actually matches?
>
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Y5NJWJGF

OK, so that has

P: /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4/event5
[...]
E: KEYBOARD_KEY_b2=www

which means that your hwdb match worked. Can you please copy&paste the
output of

  udevadm test-builtin keyboard /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4/event5

? Does that give any error message wrt. assigning the www key? Can you
please double-check in evtest that you really still get KEY_HOMEPAGE
after that?

Martin