[systemd-devel] add new entry for HP ProBook 6555b to keyboard.hwdb

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Oct 16 07:31:30 PDT 2015

Am 16.10.2015 um 15:42 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> Hello Olaf,
>
> Olaf Hering [2015-10-16 15:22 +0200]:
>> I just noticed that there is a catch al, which looks very odd:
>>
>> evdev:atkbd:dmi:bvn*:bvr*:bd*:svnHewlett-Packard*:pn*:pvr*
>
> How does it look odd?

Wildcard for all of HP?!

>> Why would such a wildcard be correct?
>
> As inconsistent as scan code assignments are between different
> vendors, the big ones at least sem to have some internal consistency,
> like HP, the "ThinkPad Extra Buttons", or the "Acer WMI hotkeys". We
> just found over time that a large number of different HP models all
> have the same keymap and it seems logical to factor out the common
> keys and then just add a few model specific adjustments.
>
> The common map does not set b2 BTW, so disabling it won't change
> anything.

I disabled everything, and the result when doing the Fn+something is
like shown below. This means that at least the entries for 81, 89, 92,
97 and ee are already correct via wildcard. The other wildcards may not
hurt.

However b7 and 1d should be handled somehow. Not sure what the correct
entries for this model would be to handle print and interrupt (Its
labeled Untbr in german) keys. Right now both send wrong keys. Not sure
what sysrq is supposed to do anyway, at least GNOME does a screenshot.

Olaf

icon
sleep:    Fn+F3  == value df, KEY_SLEEP
display:  Fn+F4  == value ee, unhandled

no label: Fn+ESC == value 81, unhandled
no label: Fn+F6  == value 8a, unhandled
battery:  Fn+F8  == value 89, unhandled
bright-:  Fn+F9  == value 92, unhandled
bright+:  Fn+F10 == value 97, unhandled
no label: Fn+F11 == value b3, unhandled

print:    Fn+pos1== value b7, sysrq?
sysrq:    Fn+ende== value 54, sysrq
pause:    Fn+pgup== value c5, pause
intr:     Fn+pgdn== value 1d, left ctrl?

Olaf