[systemd-devel] quota-support in systemd-nspawn

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Oct 17 06:27:49 PDT 2015

On Fri, 16.10.15 07:15, Andreas Matthus (Andreas.Matthus at tu-dresden.de) wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> systemd ist a great solution! ;-)
>
> My question is using xfs-quotas inside a systemd-nspawn-container.
>
> I mount a xfs-filesystem in the host with usrquota,grpquota and can working
> with quotas in it. The mountpoint is in a folder down of the startfolder
> from the systemd-nspawn-container. So i can use this filesystem inside the
> machine. Thats well. But I cant use quota-support. /dev/mapper/... don't
> exist and so all tools failed.
>
> Can you help me to get access to quotas?

Well, you could make the device nodes available using --bind=, but
it's really ugly.

Generally, ext4/xfs quota require device access, and that's really not
such a good idea when mixed with containers.

btrfs quota makes a lot more sense there as they provide proper kernel
APIs, and in fact we already cover that nicely with "machinectl
set-limit".