[systemd-devel] systemd network setup -no ipv6 linklocal address; help

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Oct 18 04:49:57 PDT 2015

Greetings

I am atempting to get familiar with systemd networking.

My machine runs blfs linux kernel-4.2.1
( I want to configure the network interface with both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses
)

I read the following document:-
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html

I created this file:-
/etc/systemd/network/10-somefile

with   entries that look like the following:-

##################################
[Match]
MACAddress=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
Name=eth0

[Link]
MACAddress=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

[Network]
LinkLocalAddressing=ipv6

Address=11.11.11.11
Gateway=11.11.11.10

Address=abcd:beef:feed:eefd::fff
Gateway=abcd:beef:feed:eefd::1

[Route]
Gateway=11.11.11.10
Gateway=abcd:beef:feed:eefd::1

###############################

I started the network and  /sbin/ifconfig reveals addresss
11.11.11.11
and
abcd:beef:feed:eefd::fff

on interface eth0

but there is no linklocal (ipv6) address beginning with feXX:

it also has   scope global tentative next to the
global ipv6 addresss abcd:beef:feed:eefd::fff

I  had several go's  setting
Address=abcd:beef:feed:eefd::fff/64
and
Address=abcd:beef:feed:eefd::fff

and I still get the tentative  global scope and no
linklocal address.

Advice will be appreciated.

Sincerely
LuxInteg