[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn --setenv=SOMETHING=other: What is that for?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Oct 26 03:32:06 PDT 2015

On Sun, 25.10.15 09:30, Peter Paule (systemd-devel at fedux.org) wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> > Most non-trivial docker images need that. Should I open a feature request
>
> that makes sense. I asked the same some time ago. It's on their
> TODO-list, but at that time they didn't use Github for their feature
> requests. See https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/TODO#L60.
> Please ping me, if you opened the FR/PR.

Yeah, I'd be happy to take a patch that adds "PassEnvironment=" or so
that may be used to import select PID1 env vars into a service
environment.

But this really should be opt-in and whitelested, to ensure that
service environments are clean by default, and people explicit pick
what they want inherited and what not.