[systemd-devel] Why are some of my units starting later than others?

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 07:35:16 PDT 2015

Hello.

Systemd 219 here on an embedded target (yocto build).

I'm looking at the bootchart output and seeing some units that are
WantedBy multi-user.target that are starting much later than others.
There are no other requires on these service units so I'm not sure why
one would start 4 seconds later than another and I'm trying to figure
that out in order to improve time to full start up.

Are there limits on simultaneous units being started up that could be
being set? Other ideas to look into? Would the bootchart svg help?

Chris