[systemd-devel] Help writing a user service file that will exec a command upon system sleep

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Wed Oct 28 16:54:23 PDT 2015

I read up on PSD, and I expect you're using it for performance/hardware
longevity. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

So, have you considered just mounting your home directory or a volume for
things like browser profile data with normally aggressive/unsafe options on
a normal file system? You can configure file systems like ext4 to only
commit at periodic intervals, and you can also configure your system to
commit/sync all file systems before going to sleep. They will buffer writes
to memory until committing, and reads will buffer into the kernel's page
cache. This option is not crash-safe, but neither is PSD.