[systemd-devel] bootctl: default mount point for the ESP partition.

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at libero.it
Tue Sep 1 09:21:40 PDT 2015

Hi Kay,

I am playing with bootctl; I discovered that bootctl assume as default mount point for the ESP partition the /boot directory. Instead it seems to me that the most part of distributions prefers /boot/efi. I am wrong ?

I am working on a patch that automatically check if the /boot/efi/EFI exists, in such case bootctl would use /boot/efi as root of the ESP partition. This is quite easy; more difficult is to to update systemd-gpt-auto-generator too: it would make the same check, however /boot could be another mount: ie

- /	-> btrfs subvolume
- /boot -> another btrfs subvolume
- /boot/efi -> ESP partition.

So the check should be made after mounting the /boot subvolume.

Any ideas ?

BR
G.Baroncelli

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5