[systemd-devel] I want to use an environmental variable for LimitNOFILE= in a service unit. Is it possible?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 3 08:07:14 PDT 2015

Am 03.09.2015 um 16:45 schrieb Eliezer Croitoru:
> I am working on a service for squid caching service.
> I have a need to define LimitNOFILE from an environmental variable
> instead of only the service file.
> The service unit I am using is:

i guess it works the same way as for ExecStart params

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/httpd
Environment="PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS -D FOREGROUND

[root at rh:~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/httpd
# Configuration file for the httpd service.
OPTIONS="-D workstation"
STOP_TIMEOUT=5
OPENSSL_NO_DEFAULT_ZLIB=1
LANG=C

[root at rh:~]$ ps aux | grep httpd
root      5079  0.0  0.3 409796 52552 ?        Ss   09:48   0:01
/usr/sbin/httpd -D workstation -D FOREGROUND