[systemd-devel] Systemd user service needs to wait for encrypted $HOME to be decrypted

John da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 14:10:58 PDT 2015

Assuming a user has an encrypted $HOME, I need a user service that will:

1) Wait for the $HOME to be decrypted, then run ExecStart, and
2) Run ExecStop before the user closes the encryption again.
3) Totally ignore the encryption requirement if the user has no encryption setup, ie just run normally.

I haven't dealt this requirement before so I'm asking for suggestions.  The following is the current user service file draft which works as expected without the encryption requirement.  Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

[Unit]
Description=Profile-sync-daemon
Documentation=man:psd(1) man:profile-sync-daemon(1)
Documentation=https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Profile-sync-daemon
Wants=psd.timer
Wants=local-fs.target
RequiresMountsFor=/home/
After=winbindd.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/usr/bin/profile-sync-daemon resync
ExecStop=/usr/bin/profile-sync-daemon unsync

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target