[systemd-devel] Multi seats setup How-to

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Sep 6 03:53:16 PDT 2015

On Thu, 03.09.15 13:26, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com) wrote:

> I plan to use the systemd mutli-seat features, but I am not sure at
> all how I must proceed and in waht order. I understand the main
> principle for mouse and keyboard: detect the device then
> $ loginctl attach seatNumber DevicePath
> As for the graphic card, I am lost.
>
> OS: Fedora 22
> gdm
> 1 nvidia card
> 1 USB3 plugable dockin station for the second monitor

I presume this hardware is not marked for "auto seat" yet, using
udev's ID_AUTO_SEAT property. If you let me know USB product and
vendor id of this device (as reported by lsusb in hex) I'll add it to
the default rules files. If that's done then just plugging in the
device will make it a new seat, without any configuration.

> Nvidia driver (I would like to avoid using Nouveau if possible).

Well, the closed source nvidia driver won't work out of the box. Only
the DRM driver is supported nicely with logind, as it exposes proper
DRM APIs.