[systemd-devel] /dev or /tmp disappears when program is running

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Wed Sep 9 00:41:29 PDT 2015

On 9/9/2015 PM 02:22, Steven Shiau wrote:
>> Well, you see that "bcache-probe" is invoked right before things go
>> bad? Whatever that is, maybe that's the problem? Have you tried
>> turning that rules file off?
> Thanks. Yes, a few hours ago I disabled it by removing bcache-tools, and
> the issue still remains.
> So I tried a little further, by removing
> /lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules, and this issue is gone.
> I need to do more tests, but so far I have tested 3 times and all
> diskless/systemless clients I have tested look OK, no /dev/ missing issue.
> Any new rules in /lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules could
> cause this problem on a nfsroot client?
> Appreciate.
>
> Steven.
OK, after more tests here, although after removing
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules, the /dev/ missing issue
is gone. However, we still encountered sometimes the NFS mounting (/usr)
or /tmp (tmpfs) is missing in the nfsroot client.
Do you need me to do more different tests?
Any comments would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Steven.

--
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C