[systemd-devel] "singleton" template units

Ian Geiser igeiser at devonit.com
Thu Sep 10 06:00:20 PDT 2015

Greetings, I have a template unit for different demon configurations that I want to switch between.  I was able to easily make a template unit foo at .service that just calls "foo -c /etc/%i.conf", so now I can say foo at config1.service and it works as expected.  My problem now is that if I do foo at config2.service, I need to make sure foo at config1.service is stopped before foo at config2.service starts.  Is there a clean way to do this?  I see tons of examples with targets but none for template units.  Thanks!