[systemd-devel] hostname can be changed without permission checks

MichaƂ Zegan webczat_200 at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Sep 11 17:02:34 PDT 2015

Hello.

It seems that I am able to change a hostname with hostnamectl
set-hostname name without any problems, even logged in as unprivileged
user, and I did not get any authentication requests.
I did not modify polkit rules to allow this, not sure about the default
ones, but they probably shouldn't allow that, just checked that implicit
rules are auth_admin_keep, arch does not have vendor rules and I also do
not have my own..