[systemd-devel] startxfce4 vs logind

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Sat Sep 19 15:05:46 PDT 2015

Heya,

I boot to tty1, and login as my normal user account.

Session c1, is active and has type tty. And I can access devices which
are marked as uaccess.

Then I do $ startxfce4 -> which starts graphical interface. However,
at that time I "loose" the logind session. No new sessions are
started, session c1 is "Active=no" & "State=online" and i cannot
access uaccess devices any more.

Both startxfce4 and systemd are compiled without policykit support (no
idea if this matters).

What I am doing wrong? Should I go talk to xfce4 people?

My expectation was for a new session c2 to be started and switched to,
type graphical, online and active. Whilst keeping c1 tty session
online and in-active.

Is there something startxfce4 missing to act like a "mini-display-manager"?
and/or how should it be telling logind that session became graphical
and/or for c1 session to remain active?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
97 sleeps till Christmas

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.