[systemd-devel] How to turn off some network interface?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 21 10:52:43 PDT 2015

Am 21.09.2015 um 19:39 schrieb David Herrmann:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Manuel Reimer
> <Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems to be impossible to just stop networkd (keeps starting itself
>> again).
>>
>> If I use "ifconfig" to turn off one NIC, then networkd immediately restarts
>> it.
>>
>> What do I have to do to gain back control over my network interfaces? I want
>> to be able to turn off one interface.
>
> Why do you use networkd at all? Just disable it via `systemctl disable
> systemd-networkd`

in the systemd-world you need to *mask* stuff instead just disable, i
had networkd also running on machines nobody asked for it and the OP
said already "keeps starting itself again"

after you mask stuff you need to find a way to silent logging about
things which are unneded, unwanted and hence masked