[systemd-devel] xorg uses 100% CPU after upgrading to 226

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 02:31:58 PDT 2015

Hi

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Jin Liu <m.liu.jin at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I tried to start X the usual way - as root, via sddm display manager. It
> works fine. Seems the problem only happens when X is running as normal user.
> Any directions to investigate?

TBH, it sounds like an Xorg problem. Sure, it might be triggered by a
slightly different DBus behavior on the systemd side, but that doesn't
necessarily mean it's a bug in systemd. I have no idea why your
Xserver loops, I don't know the codebase very well.

It looks like your xserver never dispatches the DBus FD, but I cannot
tell you why.

David