[systemd-devel] Formal syntax of unit file format

Damiano Albani damiano.albani at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:16:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
wrote:

> > Wouldn't that be useful, in order to build a unit file validator / parser
> > for example?
>
> As mentioned, there's "systemd-analyze verify" which not only checks
> the general formatting but also tries to parse the various settings.

Maybe I should have been clearer in my original message: the information
that I'm looking for is *only *about this "general formatting" that you
mentioned above.
To make a comparison with JSON, that would basically be what you see on
http://json.org/ and more precisely the grammar definition in
http://rfc7159.net/rfc7159.

--
Damiano Albani