[systemd-devel] udev vs. nscd vs. /var automount

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:43:59 UTC 2016

On 04/06/2016 09:15 AM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've hit a problem caused by a mix of: automounting + glibc + udev + my
> partition layout. Apparently it is impossible to make /var automountable
> because udev (which needs to enumerate devices befor mounting them) is
> trying to connect to /var/run/nscd/socket (that's actually glibc
> code). This attempt does not fail because autofs tells there still is
> hope that the path will appear soon but it won't because udev can't tell
> the device to mount exists.
>
> I've checked glibc source and it still refers to /var/run/nscd/socket
> rather than /run/nscd/socket. As far as I know there is no way to
> disable nscd lookups.
>
> Any idead how to cope with it?

Cant you disable nscd it in glibc via configuration options via
--disable-nscd and or --disable-nscd --enable-build-nscd if you dont
need/want it?

Then there is this patch [1] which may or may not have been upstreamed
already...

1.
https://github.com/OpenMandrivaAssociation/glibc/commit/e251ac2a53eb4a4571b7c7a7fd79e2091478bdc2

JBG