[systemd-devel] Configuring ethernet link fails with No such device

Bob Ham bob.ham at collabora.com
Tue Apr 12 08:58:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 15:46 -0700, Stefan Agner wrote:

> The FEC driver (fec_main.c) does not initialize phy_dev until the
> device
> has been opened, and therefor the callback
> fec_enet_(get|set)_settings
> returns -19.

I saw the same problem with the FEC driver.  From what I recall, it
became clear that there was a problem with the driver returning from
the eth device initialisation before the PHY was initialised, which
apparently is Bad and Wrong.

> Or in other words: Is this a Kernel or systemd issue?

>From what I recall, both; an issue with the FEC driver, and issues in
systemd/udevd's handling of link-level settings.

--
Bob Ham <bob.ham at collabora.com>
Software Engineer

Open First
Collabora is hiring!
Please check out our latest opportunities here:
http://bit.ly/Collabora-Careers
<<<<<<<<