[systemd-devel] Network Interface Names: solution for a desktop OS

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Apr 13 00:04:21 UTC 2016

Am 13.04.2016 um 00:03 schrieb Xen:
> Reindl Harald schreef op 12-04-16 21:35:
>>
>> Am 12.04.2016 um 21:24 schrieb Xen:
>>> However currently for me, biosdev renumbers these, while my scheme
>>> wouldn't
>>
>> wow - you even don't realise that "biosdevname" and
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
>> are two completly different things
>
> I was just curious whether installing biosdevname would change things,
> but apparently the program doesn't return anything for -i eth0

oh my god - they are oth *not* supposed to give back eth0 adn you should
at leats not throwing with words around you which have a specific
meaning in the topic

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Networking_Guide/sec-Consistent_Network_Device_Naming_Using_biosdevname.html