[systemd-devel] systemd hibernator generator does not function on default Fedora install

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:05:21 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seeing as systemd decides the swap to hibernate to in the first place, can't

No, it does not. Device to hibernate to is set by previous attempt to
resume from. This device must come from somewhere. Last device someone
attempted to resume from will be used in subsequent attempt to
hibernate.

So I would definitely be against anyone blindly poking around at every
available partition because later kernel will overwrite content of
this partition when hibernation is requested.

> the same logic be used to locate the swap to resume from?

There is no logic here. User decides where to resume from and later
the same device is used to hibernate to.

systemd already has all needed knobs to configure this. Is there any
reason you refuse to use these knobs?