[systemd-devel] systemd hibernator generator does not function on default Fedora install

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Apr 22 15:31:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Harald Hoyer <harald.hoyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I think dm-crypt/luks does not change metadata on disk while opening it, so no problems here.

What metadata change happens with linear logical volumes? I'd expect
LVM or dm metadata changes if thin provisioning is being used, but as
far as I know thinp can't support swap.

Hibernation images have been dumped onto linear LV's for a long time,
is there a recent discovery that this is a problem or a non-trivial
concern?

--
Chris Murphy