[systemd-devel] firmware update check script

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:24:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Stéphane ANCELOT <sancelot at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like very complicated making easy thing....
>
> I would need only setting up a script that looks for usb media and launch
> a script if available on it (firmware upgrade)
>
> unfortunately, it looks like, graphic display is launched in parallel and
> i am not able doing this in a text only mode, before continuing boot process

If you want it to start before something like lightdm.service, just use
Before=lightdm.service? (It's the After that would be more complicated to
do.)

Alternatively, hook the script into basic/sysinit instead of
multi-user.target instead; compare to e.g. systemd-fsck or
systemd-firstboot.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>