[systemd-devel] Reacting to non-systemd mounts

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:43:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Matteo Panella <matteo.panella at cnaf.infn.it>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for bothering you with a fairly uncommon issue, but I haven't been
> able to find a solution so far and Google turned up empty.
>
> I have some CentOS 7.2 machines with systemd 219 which are members of an
> IBM GPFS cluster and need to start up some services only after a
> specific GPFS filesystem is mounted.
>
> Long story short, I can't simply add a Wants= dependency on the relevant
> mount unit because systemd would try to mount the filesystem and only
> GPFS itself should use mount.gpfs.

Then add an After= instead. Unit ordering is already specified separately
from dependencies.

That said, it's pretty weird that GPFS provides a "mount.gpfs" but doesn't
want anyone to use it. It should just perform the mount directly then, and
not provide any /bin/mount helper at all...

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>