[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd - Could not append VLANs / operation not permitted

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:40:04 UTC 2016

- Systemd version 213-1
- OS: Arch linux
- a systemd nspawn container is running
- host network is managed by systemd-networkd

After an upgrade, systemd-networkd is broken, exactly the way descibed
in this issue #3876[0]
Everything was working pefectly before.

Config files:

/etc/systemd/system/network/bridge.network
------------
[Match]
Name=br0

[Network]
Address=192.168.1.87/24
Gateway=192.168.1.254
DNS=192.168.1.254
--------------------------------------

/etc/systemd/system/network/eth.network
------------------------------------
[Match]
Name=enp7s0

[Network]
Bridge=br0
-------------------------------------

/etc/systemd/system/network/bridge.netdev
------------------------------
[NetDev]
Bridge=br0
Kind=bridge
----------------------------

/etc/resolv.conf -----> /usr/lib/systemd/resolv.conf

I start systemd-networkd with the regular
/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd file distributed with my
distro.

I do not know how to solve this issue, neither understand if it is
closed or still a bug.
This issue is annoying as the container runs a server and is broken.

How can I deal with it? Anything I need to change in my settingss?

TY for help.

[0]https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/3876

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx