[systemd-devel] Head ups - upstream first no longer applies to the kernel.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 16 09:04:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15.08.16 10:53, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

Johann, what you are posting here is really not helpful in any
way.

Yes, we generally want a clear upstreaming perspective for kernel
changes we support. But we have merged support for stuff that wasn't
upstream yet before (most prominently: kdbus), and we will continue to
do so in future. Yes, it would be great if cgroupvs2 would be fully
merged in the upstream kernel, but given that in most parts it
actually is and it provides systemd with major benefits to its core, I
think it's fine to merge the support for cgroupsv2 already.