[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn overlay and rootfs

Juanjo Presa juanjop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:43:24 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm trying to compose a container with several layers and join together
with overlay option but seems that is not supported.

I want to get something like:
systemd-nspawn --overlay=/foo/ubuntu-base:/foo/app-runtime:/foo/app:/ -D
/foo/bar --boot

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the overlay option.

So, what do you suggest to accomplish a similar model. Maybe just mount the
desired overlay sideways in /foo/bar and dismiss systemd-nspawn overlay
option? Something similar with btrfs subvolumes?

Thanks in advance.