[systemd-devel] how to encrypt journalctl metadata

Mikhail Kasimov mikhail.kasimov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:55:47 UTC 2016

Hello!
Personally, don't we have philosophical contradiction here? -- Journal
is positioned as syslog alternative with more wide functionality, but in
current case we offer to turn off whole journal to make functionality
only as transport. No problem, but is RFE to incorporate
ExcludeMetaData= parameter to /journald.conf acceptable here?

Syntax: ExcludeMetaData=[meta[=keyword1,keyword2,...keywordN]]

For current usecase: ExcludeMetaData=_CMDLINE. Or, to make it more
flexible: ExcludeMetaData=_CMDLINE=[keyword1],[keyword2],...[keywordN].

E.g.:
=======
ExcludeMetaData=_CMDLINE=pass,password
ExcludeMetaData=_UID=1000,k_mikhail