[systemd-devel] Timer: time format

Mikhail Kasimov mikhail.kasimov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:03:41 UTC 2016

23.08.2016 16:55, arnaud gaboury пишет:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM, arnaud gaboury
> <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You may find it more convenient to use the other On* directives.
>>>
>>> For example:
>>>
>>>    OnBootSec=1h
>>>    OnUnitActiveSec=12h
>> Thank you for all these answers. In fact, without having a look at my
>> emails, I finally found this solution (which is correct accordingly
>> what I read):
>> OnUnitActiveSec=12h
>>
>> Do I have to add:
>> Persistent=true
> NO

"Persistent=true" is needed, when critical task executing was missed in some reason. By default Persistent=no, so, you may not to specify it in your .timer file explicitly. Otherwise, yes, you need to specify Persistent=true
  in your .timer file explicitly.

>> and an OnBootSec entry ?

It's useful, if you wish to execute your task, when computer (server) is
after reboot or being off.