[systemd-devel] Specifying calendar events in an arbitrary timezone

Ran Benita ran234 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:02:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 06:35:15PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> So yeah, we'd love to support this, but are waiting for a suitable API.

I see, makes sense.

Since new glibc API will probably be slow to come, if ever, it might
make sense to circumvent it and go for the tzdata directly? It seems the
format is described in tzfile(5), and the glibc code which handles it
seems to be public domain as well: https://github.com/eggert/tz
I don't have any experience with those APIs, though.

If I get some time I'll try and see if such an approach is viable.

Thanks!