[systemd-devel] Behavior when both TimeoutSec and TimeoutStartSec or TimeoutStopSec are defined

Liu, Shuang (ADITG/SW2) sliu at de.adit-jv.com
Mon Feb 1 04:09:26 PST 2016

Hi,

I faced a question about the behavior when both TimeoutSec and TimeoutStartSec or TimeoutStopSec are defined in the same .service file.
I could hardly find any hints in the man page and could only confirm the behavior by reading the code.

Afterwards I found a discussion about this behavior in systemd-devel mail archives:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-August/006095.html

I wonder whether this behavior should be described in the systemd.service man page.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Shuang Liu
Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group II (ADITG/SW2)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany
Tel. +49 5121 49 6913
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
sliu at de.adit-jv.com
ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschäftsführung: Wilhelm Grabow, Ken Yaguchi