[systemd-devel] I want to run systemd inside of a locked down base docker container

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 16:56:00 CET 2016

On Fedora I see a few services starting up and failing when I run
systemd, I have been able  to disable these
by executing.

RUN systemctl disable sysinit.target remote-fs.target systemd-remount-fs;\
    systemctl mask systemd-firstboot initrd-udevadm-cleanup-db.service
systemd-udev-settle.service systemd-udev-trigger.service systemd-udevd.service systemd-udevd-control.socket systemd-udevd-kernel.socket; \
    rm -f /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/systemd* /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/getty*;\
    sed -i 's/^enable/disable/g' /lib/systemd/system-preset/*

Could someone look at these and tell me if I went too far.  I would like to get these commands as the default for systemd in the base
RHEL/Fedora and Centos containers.