[systemd-devel] [RFC] the chopping block

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Feb 13 12:44:05 UTC 2016

Am 13.02.2016 um 13:01 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> My maingoal here is really about having read-access to things, and
> being able to schedule stuff based on configuration and existance of
> things, even if that stuff cannot be written to yet. If /var is
> mounted this late it makes things a lot more complex.

it's still unclear *what* that chnage means for setups like over the
long and it makes a lot of sense to have /var/log not on the sysroot for
as example inbound spamfilters logging a lot to prevent fill the rootfs

[root at mail-gw:~]$ cat /etc/fstab | grep log
UUID=a8fc620d-8046-47a3-8b63-102c525ce5e8  /var/log  ext4  defaults,
noexec  0 1