[systemd-devel] systemd default target

Pathangi Janardhanan path.jana at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:34:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

 I have some services configured with the above, Restart=on-failure and
StartLimitInterval/StartLimitBurst and also StartLimitAction with reboot.

 The problem I am trying to look at is, how to get out of a continuous
reboot cycle, if one of the services is failing. That is why I was looking
for any options where systemd can have its default target changed to
recover or something equivalent, if the system is undergoing repeated
reboots within a certain interval?

 I may be able to do this by writing a separate unit/service for this, but
was wondering if there was any already inbuilt mechanism to prevent
continuous  reboot cycle from a mis-behaving service/unit, which is
configured for reload on failure?

Thanks
Jana