[systemd-devel] nss-mymachines: slow name resolution

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:39:26 UTC 2016

Am Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:35:24 +0100
schrieb Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:

> On Mon, 15.02.16 21:32, Kai Krakow (hurikhan77 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Am Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:28:19 +0100
> > schrieb Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:

> > > This sounds like the LLMNR timeout done. I figure we should fix
> > > the docs to suggest that "mymachines" appears before "resolve" in
> > > nsswitch.conf. That should fix your issue...
> >
> > Apparently it doesn't fix it - although I will leave it in this
> > order according to your recommendation.
> >
> > Is there a way to globally disable LLMNR altogether to nail it
> > down? I tried setting LLMNR=false in *.network - didn't help.
>
> Use the LLMNR= setting in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf

Yeah! *thumbsup* You da man, Lennart!

Setting LLMNR to "resolve" or to "no" globally solves the problem which
proves your first suspicion.

Now, how can I figure out which interface is the problematic one? Do I
actually need LLMNR in a simple home network?

The long term is to use this in a container based hosting environment.
I'm pretty sure I actually don't need LLMNR there. So I'm just curious
how to "optimize" my home setup.

--
Regards,
Kai