[systemd-devel] Moving systemd-bootchart to a standalone repository

Daniel Mack daniel at zonque.org
Wed Feb 17 16:51:48 UTC 2016

Hey,

[I've put all people in Cc who have had more than one commit related to
systemd-bootchart in the past]

As part of our spring cleaning, we've been thinking about giving
systemd-bootchart a new home, in a new repository of its own. I've been
working on this and put the result here:

  https://github.com/systemd/systemd-bootchart

This repository contains a stripped down set of the utility functions we
have in src/shared and src/basic in systemd, with most of those which
bootchart doesn't use removed. The man page and service file etc. are
all in the new repository. A new GitHub team was created for maintainers
of that code, and I'm willing to add more people to it, just let me
know. Auke, you are the official maintainer of the thing, so I'd put you
in that group anyway.

I have a local patch that removes the current sources from systemd, but
before I put that into a pull request, I'd appreciate some feedback, so
please let me know if the standalone version of that tool works for you.

Thanks,
Daniel