[systemd-devel] Bootchart speeding up boot time

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:03:53 UTC 2016

I'm using a physical stopwatch and running it from the moment U-Boot hands
over until I get a prompt so I'm not taking any timing information from
systemd or even the system itself.  I'm sure that glibc does indeed take
some time to load into memory but I can't see it being the culprit of an
8-9 second difference.  Even without a stopwatch you can easily see the
speed difference when it boots by the speed that the systemd messages
appear so I think it's something more fundamental.  Or am I missing
something here?

Cheers, Martin.